When Should I Start The Nutrisystem Diet?

By 



This is the time of the year that people will begin to think of dieting. It usually happens when they notice that have packed on a few pounds during the holidays and therefore fully intend to make losing weight their new year's resolutions as soon as January means that we can leave the holidays behind. I heard from someone who said: "frankly, I just don't feel very healthy lately and I have flirted with the idea of going on Nutrisystem right away. But then I realize that the holidays are coming on and I certainly don't want to have to hold back on the holiday festivities. So when is the optimal time to start Nutrisystem? Do most people wait until after the new year? Or does it matter?" I will try to address these concerns below.



Why I Don't Believe There Is Any Right Time: I do understand that going on a diet is kind of intimidating and it can be thought of as difficult. Since many people are afraid that they aren't going to succeed, they will look for the optimal circumstances to give them the greatest chance of success. But here's what I have come to believe about this. There is no optimal time. Things will never be perfect. You will always need to socialize, eat out, celebrate something, or just otherwise indulge. It is unrealistic to think of a world where none of these things are going to take place. Sure, there are times in your life where it seems that you are more busy. But frankly, part of being successful on any diet is learning how to navigate what comes up in normal, every day life.


I don't think anything expects for a dieter to forego holiday celebrations. If it were me, I would celebrate as normally as I could in moderation. And then I would go back on the diet the next day. This has always been my plan and most of the time, it works fine. The only problem with this plan is if you do not go back on the diet when it is time to do so. I find that most people do, especially if they have already seen good results that keeps them motivated and ensures that they don't want to undo the hard work that they have already done.


Granted, some people like to start any diet on a Monday to give them the weekend to eat as they please. The idea is that Monday will come and they will have more willpower. I suppose I understand this thinking but the whole hope is that the diet is a good fit and you don't need much willpower. As you eat every few hours on this diet, it isn't as if you get so hungry that you just need to cheat. But if starting on a Monday makes you feel as if the week is a clean slate, then there's nothing wrong with that.


But to answer the question posed, I personally believe that the best time to start Nutrisystem is when you are ready. And by that, I don't mean that the perfect time is without any upcoming distractions because this is going to be very unrealistic for most people. I mean you are ready because you know that you need to make a change in your life and you have chosen the right diet to work with. You are ready because you have decided to be gentle with yourself and do the best you can. You are ready because you have chosen to be motivated but realistic. No one is ever perfect on any diet. But in my experience, you just have to have some constancy over time to have some success. Even if you don't pick the perfect start date, all you really need to do is begin. And if you momentarily get off track, just begin again.



Want more tips on being successful on or starting Nutrisystem while saving money? Ava's Nutrisystem Information Website features articles meant to help you evaluate and have success with this diet. There's also a link to a free eBook and the latest coupons to help you get started. You can visit her at http://ava-alderman-weight-loss-articles.com/


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments