I'm Here to Be the Shoulder You Can Lean on

By 


I know what it's like to have someone say to you, "should you be eating that?" Even though it may be the only thing you've eaten all day because you've been starving yourself. I know what it's like to go into a clothing store and pray something fits you and you buy it even though you don't like it because it does fit. I know how that feels. I've missed the proms, dances and dates. I've tried all the diets and exercise programs without permanent success. So I know what you're going through and how you feel. I'm not saying a professional can't relate, but unless they've been where you are, they can't totally relate.

Surgery:

Yes, if you read my transformation story, you'll see that I had gastric bypass surgery. I, like many of you was desperate to do anything to lose weight. That's why I did it. It isn't the answer for everyone, it was my personal decision. You may think it was the easy way out, but it wasn't. As I explain to people, it makes your stomach smaller, but you can still eat and eat and stretch your stomach back out. Many people do. Think of it as a person putting their leg in a brand new pair panty hose. Fresh out of the package, the panty hose look tight and small, but the person is able to stretch them on. It's the same with your stomach, you keep adding more and more food and eventually it stretches out. Surgery or no surgery, that's the fact. I have been successful in maintaining my 80 pound weight loss because I am totally dedicated to a healthy lifestyle that includes healthy eating and daily exercise. Had I not been so committed to that lifestyle, I would have gained the weight back like many others.

People:

I didn't really think about how people would treat me once I lost the weight. However, what I learned was extremely emotional for me. People were treating me different than they had when I was heavy. Men paid attention to me, held open doors, when before they would just let them close. I lost friendships and I gained friendships with people who I knew, but never really connected with. I really struggled with it as it wasn't something I anticipated. I thought I'd be healthier, happier and get to buy from a selection of fun clothes. But I didn't anticipate the changes in the way other people treated me. I really struggled with that for a long time. What I realized is my outer appearance had changed but something inside me had changed too. I was happier, I walked with my head up, I smiled more. I wasn't afraid to get noticed because I was proud of what I had accomplished. But while it all was happening, my mind kept playing tricks on me. I had the bad self talk going. "They're right, you'll gain it back", "You aren't really going to keep the weight off", "I'm still fat, I still have weight to lose". You see, it's not just about diet and exercise, it's about changing the way you think.

Mindset:

The real key to success is your mindset. You truly have to believe you can lose weight, become healthy, lean and fit. You have to believe in yourself, picture yourself in that new body. And you really need to believe it. Yes, you do have to change your eating habits for life and yes, you do have to exercise daily. There is no magic pill. If you feel you are worth it, then start doing something about it. Do it for yourself, for your loved ones, but just do it. You can be a better you.

This is why I have this written about this subject. I really want to help you to learn how to believe in yourself and believe that you are worth it and that you can do it. I'm here for you if you're going through emotional times, talk to me, I've probably gone through the same emotions. I've learned the proper way to eat, what exercises to do at what fitness level I'm at. All I ask is that you interact with me daily. Reach out to me and tell me how I can help you. We can all support each other. You can do this, you are worth it. I believe in you, now you have to believe in you! We'll get through this together.


Lisa has lost over 80 pounds and kept it off for over 12 years. She knows what it is like to get made fun of when you're a child. She knows the pain of missing dances, the prom and dates through her teen years. Lisa struggled with yo-yo dieting most of her life. She's gone through drastic measures to lose weight, but now found the real truth in keeping the weight off. Lisa now helps others get on the fit track; mind, body, spiritual and financial. She's taught people measurable steps of what it takes to be successful. If you want to know how, or want Lisa to help you, go to http://www.born2befit.com and sign up to receive Lisa's news letters. She will inspire you and get you on the right path. So do it now, you won't be sorry.

Comments